Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back On the Blogging Bandwagon

Boy have I been bad at this blogging business. I posted for like, two days straight and then took off about six months.

Well here comes by second attempt, even though I think I'm the only person who reads this (sad, I know).

Time to play catch up.

One of my last posts was about my book challenge, where I wanted to read six books before the end of the year. Well that went about as poorly as possible, seeing as I didn't even crack open any of the books I chose. So my new goal is to finally get those six books read! Who knows how long it will take, but I'm going to make it happen.

Since my last post, I've been fairly busy. One of the most amazing and important things that I did was take part in my second Cupid's Undie Run. It's a charity run that benefits the Children's Tumor Foundation, which is an organization very close to my heart. A close friend suffers from a rare disease, and this run was actually started for him, so I love being a part of such a great cause. Plus, there's not a more fun charity run to be a part of.

With Drew, the reason we run.


My oldest cousin is getting married in April, so I've been doing my part as bridesmaid to help plan her destination wedding, her bridal shower, and her bachelorette weekend getaway. It's gotten a little crazy, because planning a wedding sucks in general, but one out of state is about a million times harder. A few weeks ago we held her beach themed bridal shower, which I must say was a huge success. Every one had a great time, and our crafty, fun ideas ended up great.



My proudest item was this 'Message In A Bottle' for the bride and groom. Each person in attendance wrote either well wishes or words of advice for the bride and groom, and we have sealed it in the bottle for them to open and read on their first wedding anniversary. Let me tell you - huge hit, especially with the bride.


Our second craft was the party favor, which were small buckets filled with M&M's, with little paper shovels attached. This was the most tedious, seeing as cutting out 25 tiny paper shovels isn't the easiest thing to do. But in the end, it's all worth it because my other cousin and I want Erin to have the best bridal/wedding experience ever.

That's all the catch up for now, but I'm going to try and update more often and stop being a lazy, distracted person when it comes to the blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment