Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Your Typical Sappy Posting

This is going to be one of those sappy-style posts... my apologies in advance. But over the last couple of weeks, I've started really focusing on being a positive person. We all have negative things in our lives, but it's important not to harp on them.

I'm not saying that I'm in denial, because I'm not, but I've decided to focus on the positive things going on in my life. There's lots of things I wish were going differently (like having a full-time job), but there are so many more happy things going on that I'm choosing to focus my thoughts on.

Like for instance, I am blessed beyond belief to have the greatest friends a girl could ask for. In fact, I know you're pretty much the only ones who read this blog :)

Anyways, for my birthday, they plotted and surprised me with one of the best surprises ever - my best friend driving four hours to attend the Braves game with me. I literally burst into tears because I was so happy that they would do this for me. That's one happy thing to focus on.
The best friends a girl could ever ask for! Minus my two favorite gingers, of course!

Second, I am getting a niece in approximately 28 days! This is the happiest thing ever and I cannot wait to hold that precious little girl in my arms! I am counting down the days on my calendar, and I'm ready for that phone call saying that she's on her way. Ella Madison, get here already!

And third, I also get to help plan a wedding and be a bridesmaid! My oldest cousin who is also one of my best friends just got engaged and we now get to plan the perfect beach wedding for her. And the best is that we get free range on our dresses. It's beachy, and I get to be barefoot, so basically it's perfect. So beachy-style dress suggestions are very welcome!

With all of the negative in the world, I really believe it's important to focus on the happy things. I am lucky enough to have a job, even if it's not my dream job. I am in good health, so are my family members, and there are great things happening right now.

That's my cheesy corny advice - to be positive. To realize that no matter how crappy things may seem, there's always something more important to focus on. And as strange of a post as this may seem, it's really helped me out. In the past few weeks, I've just felt better all around, because I've chosen to be positive during all of this insanity in my life.


And one final thing - according to my Blogger statistics, there are people reading this from some pretty cool places, so if you are, say hello! I promise I'm friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment