Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Living with Vegans

So, as I mentioned last post, I moved out of my mom's and moved in with three friends. What I don't think I mentioned is that those three friends all happen to be vegan. Let me tell you, I'm amazed by them.

From an outsider's point of view, being vegan seems so incredibly hard. Having to always check what things are made with, knowing which restaurants are and are not vegan friendly, and having to refuse desserts even though they look so good seems pretty damn hard to me.

However, Ann, Megan, and Jon make it look so easy. And oh so healthy. They are always experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up fun, new crazy looking meals that I'm not sure I can even identify.

Even though I am a meat-loving carnivore, I can still admire their dedication to being vegan. They all three have their own reasons for it, and I think it's awesome. They have inspired me to at least try and eat healthier, as well as cook more. And although I don't know that veganism is for me, I don't mind broadening my horizons and at least trying those black bean and tofu brownies that they make.

For now, however, I'll just share this photo, of my soon-to-be scrambled eggs underneath a now very contradictory sign.

1 comment:

  1. I give you three more weeks, miss. Veganism, here she comes!

    ReplyDelete