Monday, October 22, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Wow, it's been forever since I've posted. And so, so much has happened in my life it's insane.

I've become an aunt, I moved out, I got a job, I quit the job a day later, I've attended sporting events and have been heartbroken by said sporting events. So many things have happened, I don't even know where to begin.

I guess I'll start with the best part - becoming an aunt. I never knew just how excited and emotional something could get me until I held my niece in my arms for the first time. There was no fighting the tears when I got to see her only a few hours after she was born. Ella Madison is by far the most beautiful little being I've ever laid my eyes on.
One of the best texts ever received.


Only a week or two before becoming an aunt, I also received a temporary position through a staffing agency, and was so excited to have a position. That was the last blog post I put up - about how excited I was to finally have a job. However, as I mentioned in that post, I knew hardly anything about the position, and it turned out to bite me big time. It was a horrible match and I hated every second of the two days I was there. I felt like such a quitter not making it longer than that, however when it's not right, it's not right. So I'm back in the hunt again, hoping something else comes along, and soon.

Then, at the beginning of September I finally moved out. It's been absolutely amazing, can't lie. I loved living with my mom, but it's nice to finally be back on my own, independent and living with three great friends. It was hard living on my own for four years in college and then moving back home and being out of the loop away from my friends. Now being back out there feels so great.

A highlight of my fall was the Atlanta Braves finishing the season strongly and making it to the Wild Card playoff game. Which, don't even get me started on the stupidity that is that game. But anyways, Kirsten and I were able to go to the Wild Card game and cheered our hearts and voices out for our Bravos. However, it wasn't enough, and a few errors and two bad calls ended the season much too early. The Braves deserved to be playing in the postseason, and the fact that they're not is truly a disappointment.
Heartbroken besties after the Braves season ended.

Plus, all season long I've attended all but one University of Georgia football home game, seeing as I'm a first time season ticket holder. I've been able to cheer my Dawgs on to all home victories, and unfortunately watched that one ugly loss on TV. Can't even tell you how much I hate Steve Spurrier and the Game Cocks. Gross.

So that's a very brief catch up, and now hopefully I'll be back on the blogging bandwagon and not wait two months before my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment