Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Harsh Reality

So the interview itself went fantastically. I was so comfortable, and I felt like I answered everyone's questions really well. My first meeting was with the manager, and she administered my math tests. Let me just tell you, I rocked them. The tests were more like puzzles, and I love a good math riddle/puzzle, so that didn't phase me at all.

I was a tad thrown off with the next portion of my interview, because it was the first time that I've experienced a group interview. It was me and three senior reps from the department I would be working in. Almost felt a bit like a firing squad at first. But they were all very welcoming and made me feel really comfortable.

After the interview, I did the necessary 'thank you' emails and then called my recruiter to report on the interview. She said the company had already followed up with them about me, wanting to know my thoughts on the interview.

However, I have already gotten the news that I didn't get the job. That's another perk of using a recruiter - because they're in constant contact with the company, you find out almost immediately how you did and if you got the job or not. The good news was that I apparently interviewed really well. Minus my lack of experience in this particular field, I was a perfect candidate. Too bad another candidate had more experience than me.

Oh well, add it to my interview experience. It is a great boost to my interview confidence to hear that I did a good job.

I also got to rock my favorite interview outfit. It's been my go-to for about five interviews now, and since they're all with different companies, who cares? At least I feel comfortable. I think that's very important during an interview - you have to feel confident.

Pleeeease ignore the awful photo. This was taken post-interview and 100 degree car ride, so it's not my best.

But this is my all-time favorite dress. I got it on super sale from the Banana Republic outlet last Labor Day, and have worn it as often as possible since.

The nude heels are also a fave of mine, and despite being one of the higher heels I own, they are insanely comfortable.

Finally, my necklace that I stole from my mom. It was a gift to her from my grandparent's trip to Rome, and it's slowly made it's way into my collection.

So, that's my story for the day. I have to admit that while this blogging thing makes me nervous and almost feel somewhat self-conscious, it's also quite therapeutic. I don't have any followers now, but I like being able to type this all out at the end of the day. Like a less-personal diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment